Adding to/Updating the Submission Tags List
The Admin > Submission Tags page allows you to set up the list of submission tags available for your submission types. Submission tags are form inputs that can be used to add information via typing in (or selecting) rather than uploading. This information can be used elsewhere, particularly when searching for submissions because tags can be placed into the filename template.
Some submission tags are also “System Tags,” meaning they are the same tag used universally throughout all Epicenter organizations (i.e. School Year, Month, etc.). This allows information to be readable across Epicenter sites, if needed. If you would like to add any of the system tags to your site, on the Admin > Submission Tags page, simply:
Click the Import link at the bottom.
Select which system tags to add.
Custom submission tags can be added and updated at any time.
Below is a video and documented steps to add a new submission tag within the Submission Tags Administration page:
- Select the button at the bottom.
- Don't select a "System Tag" if you want a custom tag.
- Within the "Name," enter in the name such as Board Meeting Date, Name, Letter Date, Month, etc…
- Within the Type column, select whether the submission tag will be a Date, Defined List or Text.
- Within the Search Classification, select either Timeframe or Other. Examples of submission tags that are considered a timeframe would be dates, school years, fiscal year, etc..
- Select .
- If you selected "Defined List" as a Value Type, you will now see a Defined List link located within the Type column.
- Select the Defined List link. You can then begin adding the values that need to be contained within the list.
You can also update the submission tag's Name and Search Classification by selecting the at the end of each row.
Did you find this article helpful?