Scheduling Non-Recurring Collection Requirements
This page describes scheduling a non-recurring, collection submission requirement. If you're looking to schedule individual requirements and/or recurring requirements, follow the appropriate link below:
- Scheduling Non-Recurring Individual Requirements
- Scheduling Recurring Individual Requirements
- Scheduling Recurring Collection Requirements
Below is a video and documented steps for scheduling a non-recurring submission collection requirement:
To schedule a recurring collection submission:
- Select Compliance Center from the Homepage
- From the , , , , or tab, select the button in the upper right corner of the page
- On the Submission Selection page, make sure you are on the tab
- Expand () the Entity Type
- Expand () the Category
- Click on the Submission Collection () you want to schedule. Its contents will automatically expand out.
- Requirement Title: This will default to the Submission Collection Name. You can make any necessary changes to the title (including information specific to this requirement), but this name will be applied to all recurrences of this collection. You can rename each recurrence individually later in Compliance Center.
- Event Date: The underlying date of an event (if any) around which you are scheduling this collection (i.e. a board meeting, end of the month, end of the year, a date specified by a government agency, etc.). If there is no Event Date for this requirement, use the Due Date as the Event Date.
- Recurring: If you want to schedule a recurring collection, read this article instead.
- Assign To: This section is used to assign the requirement to the entity(s). If the requirement should be assigned to all the entities for the type, select the All Entities checkbox(es). Otherwise, you can choose individual entities by doing the following:
- Click the button
- Expand () the Entity List
- Select () each entity that should be assigned to the requirement
In the next section, you will expand () each individual requirement and verify its details:
- Notification Date: The date on which this task shows up in the responsible user’s Task Queue. If the user’s email notifications settings allow it, Epicenter also sends out a New Task email on this date.
- These are auto-calculated from the Event Date based on the number of days your organization assigned it in the Submission Type Setup. They can be adjusted by typing in a new date or selecting one from the calendar ().
- It is good practice to queue the Notification Dates well in advance of the Due Dates. We recommend at least 30 days (if possible). This will also help with getting the responsible users to complete the task sooner.
- Due Dates: The date and time by which a requirement can be submitted and still be considered “On Time.”
- It is a good practice to keep this date from falling on a weekend or holiday.
- These are auto-calculated based on the number of days your organization has assigned in the Submission Type Setup. They can be adjusted by typing a new date or selecting one from the calendar ().
- Submission Tags: For each Submission Tag that was added to this Submission Type, you will see a default selection for the Value Determination. Review all Value Determinations and Values. The following explains the options within the Value Determination drop-down:
- Use Event Date: For date-related Submission Tags, the Value Determination will default to “Use Event Date.” An example of a Submission Tag for which you might select "Use Event Date" is the Board Meeting Date (if known). If the date for your date tag is not equal to the requirement's Event Date (e.g. a Letter Date, Board Approved Date, Issued Date, etc.), choose another Value Determination.
- Provided by Submitter: For non-date Submission Tags, the Value Determination will default to “Provided by Submitter,” which means the submitter will be required to set the Submission Tag when satisfying the requirement. Use this option if you don’t know the value for the Submission Tag. Please note that for timeframe-related Submission Tags such as School Year, Fiscal Year, and Calendar Year, the “Provided by Submitter” tags will default to the current year. The submitter can still change the selection before submitting. If you would like a different year selected and you don’t want the submitter to have the option to change the year, use “Set by Administration”.
- Set by Administration: If you know the value of the Submission Tag and don’t want the submitter to be allowed to change it, use this selection and enter the value.
- Assign To: Same as above, but it only affects who is responsible for this individual requirement within the collection.
Repeat these verifications for each individual requirement within the collection.
Below the collections section:
- Add a Submission: Using this link you can add additional submissions to the requirement collection. Once clicked, you will be required to select the submission type by expanding () the Entity Type and then the Category. Once you select the submission, select the button. Review the Notification Date, Due Date, and Submission Tags. Then use the button to assign the submission to an entity.
Once you are finished, click .
To modify your requirement:
- Return to Compliance Center by selecting the Compliance breadcrumb (to the right of Home >)
- Select the tab
- Make sure the filters include your requirement
- Click the icon on your requirement
- Modify the requirement
Did you find this article helpful?